Assessment & Research is seeking a Data Analyst Intern to support our team’s variety of projects for the Division and its units. Assessment & Research champions a culture of evidence-based decision making for UF’s Division of Student Life.
Job Duties include:
• Use SQL to pull data for ad-hoc requests.
• Conduct data cleaning, data merging, data quality control and back-ups.
• Create documentation for each data request or research project.
• Maintain and update dashboard datasets in Tableau or Cognos BI.
• Perform various data analyses using statistical programs (e.g. SAS/ SPSS/ Python)
• Interpret the findings and provide conclusions.
• Attending regularly scheduled staff meetings and training sessions.
EXPECTED SALARY: $15/hour
This Position is open to all registered students who are eligible to work
• Able to work 20 hours a week
• Registered at least part time Spring and Fall semesters
• Must have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Must be in good academic and conduct standing with the University of Florida
• Willingness to make a commitment of 10 hours a week
• “Self-starter” attitude with the ability to work in remotely
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Outstanding problem-solving skills
• Excellent Writing and Communication skills
• Bachelors in a field related to analytics
• Experience with SQL, Tableau/Cognos BI
• Experience with SAS/Python/R
• Able to work at least 2 consecutive semesters
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
• Cover Letter
• Professional References (Minimum of 3)