SAAR works to advance DSA’s scholarship by collaborating with individuals and departments on a variety of research studies for publication and/or presentation. Action items include networking academic partners, service as an honest broker, navigating IRB, assistance with manuscripts, and pursuit of grants.
Examples of research collaborations include:
- Longitudinal study of first-generation student success, with Psychology and Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars.
- Graduate student mental health, with the Student Health Center and Counseling and Wellness Center.
- Student food insecurity, with IFAS.
- Relationship between GPA and usage of recreational facilities, with RecSports.
- Incoming student mental health needs, with GatorWell, New Student & Family Programs, and the Counseling & Wellness Center.
- Health services utilization, with the Student Healthcare Center.
- Effects of roommates on academic success, with Housing & Residence Education, College of Education, and Economics
- Classroom Assessment and Instructional Modes: An Exploration of School-Level Contextualized Psychometric Challenges.